- Fiat names new North American chiefby Vince Bond Jr. on May 26, 2023 at 4:22 pm
Aamir Ahmed, 39, who worked in marketing for Fiat Chrysler before going to Amazon and Harman International, is the new leader of a brand that has struggled to gain traction since returning to North America in 2011.
- Tesla's charging pact with Ford could draw more automakers to Supercharger networkby Laurence Iliff on May 26, 2023 at 3:17 pm
Tesla CEO Elon Musk says he wants to help rivals with the EV transition. Analysts say charging deals could also turn the Supercharger network into a business opportunity.
- EV battery leader CATL joins BYD, Tesla to tap solar’s boomon May 26, 2023 at 2:28 pm
CATL said it is researching the development of perovskite cells, among the most promising methods to drive new improvements in solar panel performance.
- Farley: Chinese automakers becoming EV 'powerhouse'by DAVID SHEPARDSON on May 26, 2023 at 1:41 pm
To beat Chinese automakers, Ford CEO Jim Farley says the company needs distinctive branding, which he believes it has, or lower costs.
- Ford's Galhotra: ‘A lot of runway left' for ICEsby Michael Martinez on May 26, 2023 at 12:00 pm
The president of the Ford Blue combustion vehicle business says he still sees growth ahead.
- Hyundai, LG Energy plan $4.3B EV battery plant in Ga.on May 26, 2023 at 10:53 am
The plant, to be built adjacent to Hyundai's new EV factory under construction near Savannah, Ga., will have an annual capacity of 30 GWh, enough to power 300,000 electric vehicles.
- Stellantis CEO Tavares' relentlessness reemerges as car dynamics shifton May 26, 2023 at 7:50 am
Now that Stellantis is less overwhelmed firefighting its way through supply chain crises, CEO Carlos Tavares is returning to his modus operandi of relentlessly cutting costs and hunting for savings.
- VW, Audi agree to $85 million diesel settlement in principle with Texasby DAVID SHEPARDSON on May 25, 2023 at 11:49 pm
The settlement stipulates that the German automakers pay a civil penalty of $85 million for their unlawful actions.
- Ford EVs will connect to 12,000 Tesla Superchargersby Michael Martinez on May 25, 2023 at 10:40 pm
Starting in 2025, Ford EVs will be built with Tesla's North American Charging Standard ports, removing the need for an adapter.
- Possible 'massive' Tesla data breach looked into by European authoritieson May 25, 2023 at 7:10 pm
The files include tables containing more than 100,000 names of former and current employees, including the social security number of Tesla CEO Elon Musk, along with private email addresses, salaries of employees, bank details and production secrets, Handelsblatt reported.