- The 2023 Automotive News Leading Women Conference in pictureson December 1, 2023 at 2:50 am
This year’s event featured keynote talks from Hyundai Motor America CMO Angela Zepeda and Arezoo Riahi, head of equity, inclusion and diversity at Waymo.
- Tesla Cybertruck launches at $60,990 — a big price hike from original planby Laurence Iliff on November 30, 2023 at 10:44 pm
CEO Elon Musk said the pickup beats rivals in towing capacity and acceleration. Musk delivered the first Cybertrucks to customers at the automaker's Austin, Texas, factory.
- Supplier AMS Osram refocuses on automotive lighting in turnaround plan, CEO saysby John Irwin on November 30, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Austrian lighting and sensor supplier AMS Osram sees increased revenue from advanced LED technology as one of the key pillars of its financial turnaround, its CEO said.
- GM says EVs won't be losing money for longby Lindsay VanHulle on November 30, 2023 at 7:13 pm
General Motors expects its EVs to bring in more money than they cost to build by late 2024 and have mid-single-digit EV margins in 2025, including the benefit of federal tax credits, CFO Paul Jacobson said.
- Nissan to offshore next-gen Leaf EV productionby Urvaksh Karkaria on November 30, 2023 at 3:31 pm
The decision to pull next-gen Leaf production from the U.S. would make the EV ineligible for federal tax incentives and threaten Nissan's EV comeback effort in the world's second-largest auto market.
- China's BYD, MG give 2024 Geneva auto show a boostby Nick Gibbs on November 30, 2023 at 1:25 pm
The presence of two big Chinese brands, BYD and MG Motor, could help to make up for the loss of some top automakers such as VW, Stellantis and BMW.
- Ford says UAW strike cut profits by $1.7B; new contract to cost $8.8Bby Michael Martinez on November 30, 2023 at 12:45 pm
Ford said the UAW's new contract would increase labor costs by $8.8 billion, or an average of $900 per vehicle in 2028.
- UAW organizing Tesla would mean 'we failed in some way,' Musk saysby Laurence Iliff on November 30, 2023 at 11:42 am
The EV maker enables line workers to become managers and even millionaires, Musk said. A union would get in the way. "If Tesla gets unionized, it will be because we deserve it and we failed in some way," he said.
- Our Next Energy develops EV battery with 608-mile range for BMW iXby Hannah Lutz on November 30, 2023 at 11:22 am
Most EVs can drive 200 to 300 miles on a full charge, according to J.D. Power.
- Jeep gets new North American chiefby Vince Bond Jr. on November 29, 2023 at 11:12 pm
Maserati North America CEO William Peffer will replace Jim Morrison, who will lead the newly formed Jeep Performance Parts business.